In this assignment, you are required to write a 2500 word report. This includes a 200 word
executive summary, but excludes references and appendix.
Your Report should cover the following:
1. Briefly describe the background information of the organisation or Strategic Business Unit
(SBU) chosen. You can choose the organisation (or SBU) that you work for or you are familiar
with. This information should be brief and relevant to the discussion of your assignment and
thus may include ownership, history, size, business scope, major products/services, and major
markets of the organisation (or SBU).
2. Conduct an external environment analysis including a macro-environment analysis and
Porter’s 5 forces analysis:
(a) Conduct a macro-environment analysis for the entire industry within which the
organisation (or SBU) operates. You should use the PESTEL model and focus on understanding
the purpose of this analysis, the identification of key factors and their implications in terms of
key opportunities and threats, and discussion of their overall impact on industry growth in the
future. Draw your conclusions based on your macro-environment analysis.
(b) Undertake an industry analysis using either Porter’s 5 forces model or Hubbard’s industry
analysis approach. You should pay attention to the purpose of this analysis, the inter-
connectedness of different aspects of the competitive forces, and their overall impact on the
industry and the organisation selected in terms of main driving forces in the competitive
environment. Draw your conclusions based on your industry analysis.
3. Conduct an internal environment analysis. You should identify, differentiate and evaluate
the key resources and competencies of the organisation (or SBU) that are most likely to
provide sustainable competitive advantage.
4. Summarise your findings based on your external and internal environment analysis. Identify
the key issues that the organisation (or SBU) faces and give your recommendations.
5. Draw your conclusion….To get full solution, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org