Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 8 (section 8.3), 11
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following historical events:
- The Lewis and Clark Expedition
- The Missouri Compromise
- Independence of Texas
- Mexican War of 1846-1848
- The California Gold Rush
Then, address the following for your selections:
- Which of your two selections do you consider most impactful on Westward Expansion during 1800-1848? Explain why.
- Analyze the effects of the ideology of Manifest Destiny on the two historical events that you chose from the list.
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
The North American landscape was never static. Before the arrival of Europeans, native tribes fought for control of various sections of the continent and its resources. In particular, the rising demand for more agricultural land made the pressure to expand and occupy more land virtually irresistibly. The Mexican War of 1846-1848 and the subsequent California Gold Rush were examples of events that had a far-reaching impact on the westward expansion. In both cases, the Mexican War of 1846 and 1848 had a more considerable significance. The war outcomes were a blessing to the USA since California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and part of the new Mexico and Colorado became part of Union (Deare, 2019)…. Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $5