This assignment provides a learning activity for students to read an original research study and complete a worksheet to demonstrate understanding of the study purpose, design, sample, data collection, analysis, limitations, conclusions, and the importance of reading research literature.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4, 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
Submit the completed RRL Worksheet by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Read over each of the following directions, the required Reading Research Literature worksheet, and grading rubric.
- Download and complete the required Reading Research Literature (RRL) worksheet(Links to an external site.).
- Download or access the required article. The required article must be used.
O’Connor, M., Tanner, P. , Miller, L., Watts, K., & Musiello, T. (2017). Detecting distress: Introducing routine screening in a gynecological cancer setting. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 21(1), 79-85. Retrieved from https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?
(Links to an external site.)
- You must use the grading rubric to ensure you are meeting all grading criteria of the worksheet.
- You are required to complete the worksheet using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREEby downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and in-text APA formatting.
Submit the completed Reading Research Literature Worksheet to the Week 6 Assignment
Week 6: Reading Research Literature Worksheet
Complete the following required worksheet using the required article for the current session. Access the required article from the assignment guidelines.
|Purpose of the Study: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize the purpose of the study. Describe what the study is about.
The study under review is “Detecting distress: Introducing routine screening in a gynecological cancer setting” by O’Connor, Tanner, Miller, Watts, and Musiello (2017).
Cancer is a key contributor to psychological health issues including patient distress. Detecting distress in cancer can help in improving patient outcomes by providing early intervention and ultimately, preventing patients from associated complications. This study was purposed at determining the prevalence of distress in gynecologic cancer patients, identifying specific problems and exploring the perceptions of staff about screening for distress.
Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10