The purpose of this assignment is for learners to:
- Assemble a form of research dissemination.
- Critique peer presentations using the State-of-The Science assignment guidelines/rubric.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (CO 1 )
- Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (CO 2 )
- Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (CO 3)
- Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (CO 4)
- Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (CO 5)
Initial prompt due by Wednesday, 11:59 PM MT of week 7
Two peer posts due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT of week 7
Response posts should be made on three (3) separate days of the week.
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline on Wednesday, regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Sunday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0). Week 8 discussion closes on Saturday at 11:59pm MT.
Points: 50 points
Create a PP of 7-8 slides presenting your State of the Science Quality Improvement Paper which includes:
- Title slide
- Objectives slide is related to the objectives of your specific SOS presentation, include 2-3 objectives.
- This should speak to what you want the participant to learn about your SOS presentation.
- Final slide with a list of references
- The 7-8 slides refer to the body of the presentation and does not include the title slide, objectives slide, or the references slide.
- You will use this PP with Kaltura to present the project with audio as you would at a professional conference or other “live” presentation.
- Remember that the formatting of PP presentations should be brief bulleted items, graphs, pictures or tables.
- PP should not be developed with paragraphs of material; the material included on each slide is a topic you speak to during your presentation.
- Upload the presentation to the DB site for Week 7, deadline Wednesday, 11:59 PM MT.
- Watch the presentations of a minimum of 2 classmates.
- Provide scholarly comments and feedback which are referenced from and use the State of the Science rubric/guidelines, Johns Hopkins critique guides, or scholarly articles. Not all these sources need to be used but all comments and feedback should be supported by evidence.
- Your response should be a minimum of one paragraph of 4-5 sentences.