Due Date for Phase 2:
Submit by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3.
Late Assignment Policy:
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
The entire project is worth 600 points. NR393 Course Project Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse is worth 225 points of this total.
- Download the NR393 Course Project Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse Template (under Template below). This contains all areas to be addressed and the required questions you are to ask your Selected Nurse.
- View the Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Conduct the Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse after receiving approval from your instructor in the Gradebook for your Phase 1: Selected Nurse Information. The conversation will occur between Saturday of Week 2 or during Week 3 after instructor approval is documented.
- The Conversation may take place face to face or via phone or video chat. You may NOT provide the questions to the nurse and ask the nurse to provide written or typed answers.
- You may use audio, audio/video, or typed format (on the template) to record and submit the Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse. Use the format you agreed to in Phase 1. There is no advantage to using any one format. Grading will be the same (see rubric below) regardless of the format selected.
- NOTE: Recordings must be 20 minutes or shorter.
- Only one file may be submitted and must include all rubric areas.
- Obtain permission from the Selected Nurse to participate in the Conversation by reading the statement provided on the Template for this purpose (Selected Nurse must agree).
- Clearly explain to the Selected Nurse that statements made in the Conversation will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written as transcript on template) and submitted to the instructor. The Conversation is not intended for public access.
- Questions and topics for the Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse are provided for you on the required Template; these are the questions that must be included in the Conversation. Please notice that you will state the question/topic, the Selected Nurse will answer, and then you will add your own answer to that question/topic. This is not a traditional interview, but instead is a Conversation with sharing of memories and ideas related to the questions and topics. You may ask up to three additional questions if you like, but these are not scored.
- At the close of the conversation, make a clear and detailed statement of gratitude for the Selected Nurse’s time and sharing in this Conversation (Note: A simple “thank you” is not sufficient.)
- Write a summary of the content of the Conversation. Be clear and thorough.