Directions for Part 1
- Review the Direct Care Project Overview above. Select topic (Air Quality OR Substance Use) from the table. This will be the topic of your entire course project.
- View the Direct Care Project Part 1 Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Download the corresponding Assessment and Diagnosis template under Templates below. For example, if you have selected Air Quality as your topic, download the Air Quality Assessment and Diagnosis Template.
- Collect the data outlined in the template. There are two parts:
- Online data collection – gather data from the weblinks provided on the template
- Modified windshield survey data collection – gather local community data by physically looking at your community
- If possible, plan on asking someone to drive during your survey so that you can take notes.
- Your community should be the area where you live or the area surrounding your work. The community must include a residential area and be a large enough area to answer the survey questions. If you live in a large area, you may choose a suburb.
- Note: It is helpful to conduct this portion of the assessment at least two different times: during the day or evening, on a weekday, and/or on the weekend.
- Identify a nursing problem (nursing diagnosis) based on data and observations
- You must select a problem caused by your topic
- Important: the problem you identify will be utilized in Parts 2, 3, and 4 of the project.
- Identify the vulnerable population that the problem affects. This will also determine who you will present to in Part 2.
- Write the nursing diagnosis (See template and chapter 6 in Nies & McEwen textbook for more information)
- Submit template through the submit assignment button on this page.
Select and download from the links below the one that corresponds with selected topic:
..Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10