In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO4: Integrates clinical nursing judgment using effective communication strategies with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare providers. (PO#4)
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO#7)
The assignment is worth 175 points.
Submit your completed assignment by Sunday of Week 3 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed here: Healthcare Policy (Links to an external site.)
- This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
- You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)
- Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
- Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed.
Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful –
Include the following information in your presentation
- Title slide (Your name, NR451, January session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
- Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
- Bill summary (in your own words)
- Address how this bill might impact professional nursing practice standards if passed? If not passed?
- How might the bill impact your own nursing practice?
- How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
- How might this bill impact your community?
- References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
- No more than 12 slides
There are various federal bills that have been introduced to Congress in the recent past. These bills will have a significant impact on the healthcare system of the country whether they are passed or not. As such, this presentation is devoted to explore one of such bills and how it will impact the healthcare system in the country if passed and if not passed.
The name of the chosen bill is ObamaCare Repeal Act. The bill number is H.R. 185.
The ObamaCare Repeal Act aims at repealing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Health Care and Education Act of 2010. The bill was introduced to the Congress on 3rd January 2019 (Govtrack.us, 2019). The bill is currently in the first stage of the legislative process……Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10