Select one program outcome below and provide at least two specific examples from the course that supported your attainment of the outcome.
- Provide high quality, safe, patient-centered care grounded in holistic health principles. (holistic health & patient-centered care)
- Create a caring environment for achieving quality health outcomes. (care-focused)
PMHNP NONPF Independent Practice Competencies
Select one NONPF competency below and provide at least two examples from the course that supported your attainment of the competencies.
8. Plans care to minimize the development of complications and promote function and quality of life. (CO 4)
10. Safely prescribes pharmacologic agents for patients with mental health problems and psychiatric disorders. (COs 3, 4, 6)
11. Ensures patient safety through the appropriate prescription and management of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions. (COs 6, 7)
12. Explain the risks and benefits of treatment to the patient and their family. (CO 6)
Submit the assignment as a double-spaced Word document. Formatting: Document should be in APA format.
- Include a title page in APA Style.
- Double space the document.
- Include a reference page in APA Style if references were cited.
The past couple of weeks has equipped me with the knowledge that is highly applicable in my current practice as well as in my future roles in psychopharmacology. The course has further challenged me on exploring pharmacological intervention for common psychiatric disorders.
Provide high-quality, safe, patient-centered care grounded in holistic health principles. (holistic health & patient-centered care)
One of the ways that I achieved this course is by is through the weekly discussion. These assignments equipped me with knowledge of pharmacology which will play a fundamental role in recognizing therapeutic responses to the drug as well as adverse effects. For instance, through the week 7 discussion, I………………..