The nursing process is a tool that puts knowledge into practice. By utilizing this systematic problem-solving method, nurses can determine the health care needs of an individual and provide personalized care.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) on cancer and approach to care based on the utilization of the nursing process. Include the following in your paper:
- Describe the diagnosis and staging of cancer.
- Describe at least three complications of cancer, the side effects of treatment, and methods to lessen physical and psychological effects.
- Discuss what factors contribute to the yearly incidence and mortality rates of various cancers in Americans.
- Explain how the American Cancer Society (ACS) might provide education and support. What ACS services would you recommend and why?
- Explain how the nursing process is utilized to provide safe and effective care for cancer patients across the life span. Your explanation should include each of the five phases and demonstrate the delivery of holistic and patient-focused care.
- Discuss how undergraduate education in liberal arts and science studies contributes to the foundation of nursing knowledge and prepares nurses to work with patients utilizing the nursing process. Consider mathematics, social and physical sciences, and science studies as an interdisciplinary research area.
You are required to cite to a minimum of four sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.1: Incorporate liberal arts and science studies into nursing knowledge.
3.1 Utilize the nursing process to provide safe and effective care for patients across the life span.
Benchmark –Nursing Process –Approach to Care
Cancer is a leading killer disease in many countries exceeding diabetes and heart diseases. The Incidents of cancer are rising at an alarming rate creating unmatched challenges for health care systems. However, advances in care are enabling patients to lead to high quality and longer lives. The health care providers require significant knowledge regarding the etiology, staging, and treatment to improving survival. While the existing intervention may provide a promise of precision oncology, the high numbers of cancer patients, as well as an increased number of vulnerable individuals, demand different clinical approaches. This paper will explore the diagnosis and staging of cancer, analyze the complications of the disease, outline the factors responsible for the rise of illness, and explain how the American Society of Cancer can help in educating the public on cancer. Additionally, the paper will inform how the nursing process can offer safe and effective care for a nurse before addressing the contribution of undergraduate studies towards helping nurses in utilizing the nursing process.
Diagnosis and Staging of Cancer
The onset of cancer may present numerous symptoms. However, not all symptoms result from this disease but from benign tumors or other defects too. If an individual is suspected of having tumors or cancer cells, the physician may order scan tests, lab tests, and other tests. The biopsy is commonly used to identify the cancerous tumors in the body…Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10