Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
One role of government is to ensure that policies benefit the people within their jurisdiction.
- For local governments, it would be the townspeople or city dwellers.
- For the state governments, it would be the people living within the state.
- For the federal government, it would be everyone within the borders of the country.
Using an ideology discussed in the textbook, construct an argument explaining how this ideology upholds the public good by examining power, order, and justice.
Select an ideology discussed in the textbook. In an essay, examine how power, order, and justice as it relates to the ideology you choose promotes the public good.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and textbook/lesson)
Benefiting the Public Good
A myriad of schools of thoughts has established that the government typically plays a fundamental role when it comes to ensuring that citizens have access to public goods. Public goods take into account products consumed by individuals without limiting their availability to other individuals. Such products, as denoted by Elliott and Golub (2019) include national defense, law enforcement, and public goods among others. Political ideologies such as liberalism, conservatism, and socialism have upheld public good through examining the aspect of power, order, as well as justice. On this understanding, the aim of this essay is to analyze the concepts of power, order, and justice in relation to the political ideology of liberalism……Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10