- Access the Athena Washington Case Assignment in iHuman by clicking on the “Load Assignment in a New Window” button at the bottom of this assignment page. If prompted, select to load the case in a new browser window.
- Note: It may take a few moments for iHuman cases to load in your web browser, so please be patient.
- Complete the prework questions associated with the case.
- Begin the case and complete these sections: (100 points total, immediate feedback/grade will be provided to you by iHuman when complete)
- EHR Review
- Health History
- Physical Assessment
- Type your responses to the questions in the Nurse Notes section in the box provided (50 points, graded by instructor after submission).
- Review the score and feedback provided by iHuman. You have the option to complete this case a second time before the submission deadline (total of 2 attempts) to improve your score. Your highest score will be recorded in the grade book.
- The Nurse Notes will be graded by your instructor and will be a separate grade in the grade book.
Solution: Nurse Notes
Ms. Washington is a 48-year-old African American woman. She was brought to the ED by her husband after experiencing with stroke-like symptoms such as severe pounding headache, slurred speech, and disorientation. I have been conducting a focused assessment on her.
Ms. Washington a is a 48-year-old African American woman who is currently experiencing stroke like symptoms such as severe headache, slurred speech, left side weakness, and disorientation. The patient came home from work last night with a severe headache and took Tylenol. At 05:00, she woke up with slurred speech, and disoriented. Her husband called the EMS and she was brought to the ED….Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10