Research a health care organization or network that spans several states with in the United States (United Healthcare, Vanguard, Banner Health, etc.). Assess the readiness of the health care organization or network you chose in regard to meeting the health care needs of citizens in the next decade.
Prepare a 1,000-1,250 word paper that presents your assessment and proposes a strategic plan to ensure readiness. Include the following:
- Describe the health care organization or network.
- Describe the organization’s overall readiness based on your findings.
- Prepare a strategic plan to address issues pertaining to network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction.
- Identify any current or potential issues within the organizational culture and discuss how these issues may affect aspects of the strategic plan.
- Propose a theory or model that could be used to support implementation of the strategic plan for this organization. Explain why this theory or model is best.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Health Organization Evaluation
The healthcare system has over the past few decades continued to advance and increase in complexity of patient health demands. This has led to the establishment of various health organizations and networks to meet the demands of these continued evolutions. Among these networks is the Banner Health in the U.S. This paper will describe the Banner Health discuss its readiness to meet the future healthcare needs, its strategic plan, current and potential issues affecting the organization, and a theory to support its strategic plan
The Banner Health is a non-profit making accountable care organization (ACO) connecting Healthcare providers, and a far-reaching network of primary care physicians in the various U.S states to provide comprehensive care solutions to their patients (Banner Health, 2020). The headquarters of Banner Heath is in Phoenix and it is ranked among the largest non-profit healthcare systems across the nation. Currently, the systems run 28 hospitals, the BHN network and Banner Medical Group (BMG), outpatient surgery centers, long-term care facilities, and other healthcare services e.g. hospice services, home care, and family clinics. Banner health is 7 states including Arizona, Alaska, Colorado, California, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Nevada. Banner Health is nationally recognized as an innovat