Screening Tool: Choose one of the following topics and find a screening tool on the topic to review. Please be sure to read the Discussion Board assignment directions for Week 2.
Topics to choose from:
- Assessments for Adolescents(for example, eating disorders, attention deficit disorder, depression, anxiety, suicide risk )
- Childhood Maltreatment Screening Tool
- Health Related Quality of Life Screening Tool
Points: 60 points
- Your course faculty will provide you with topic/s for the Week 2 Discussion Board. You will need to check the NR503 course Announcements for the topic/s document for this Week 2 Discussion Board regarding screening.
- Next, choose a diagnostic or screening method (related to your choice from the list of health issues above). You may use one of the following web sites to locate a screening tool, a scholarly article, or a tool from a professional web site of your choice (for example, from the American Psychological Association).
The selected health condition in adolescent assessment is eating disorders (e.g. anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder) and the screening tool is the SCOFF questionnaire. This question is a simple, 5-question screening measure that assesses the possibility of an eating disorder in a patient. SCOFF is a synonym for Sick, Control, One, Fat, and Food) (Cowden, 2020). It was developed in 1999 in the United Kingdom. The questionnaire questions include “
Do you make yourself Sick (induce vomiting) because you feel uncomfortably full?
Do you worry you have lost control over how much you eat?