Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 12, 14
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick three (3) of the leading causes of the American Civil War:
- The Compromise of 1850
- The Fugitive Slave Law 1850
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin 1852
- The Kansas Nebraska Act 1854
- The Dred Scott Case of 1857
- The Lincoln Douglas Debates 1858
Then, address one (1) of the following for your selections:
- Based on the historical facts given in this module, assess if the American Civil War was inevitable.
- Analyze if the United States Supreme Court can settle legal and moral issues through judiciary review. In your response, provide a documented example of a modern parallel of a legal or moral issue settled by the United States Supreme Court.
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
The civil war occupies an integral part of the American historical consciousness. The war (1861-1865) determined what kind of nation America was going to be. Importantly, the war helped solve critical issues that the American Revolution (1776-1783) left unresolved. There several causes that made this war take place. The selected causes for this discussion are The Compromise of 1850, The Fugitive Slave Law 1850 and The Dred Scot Case of 1857…..Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $5