Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15, 16
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, craft a response comparing the three (3) Reconstruction plans:
- Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction (10% Plan) – Lincoln
- Andrew Johnson’s Reconstruction Plan
- Congressional Reconstruction Plan (Congress)
Then, address one (1) of the following for your selections:
- Analyze if the South should have been treated as a defeated nation or as rebellious states.
- Explain how the American culture and society changed in the North versus the South during Reconstruction.
- Analyze the impact of the Compromise of 1877 that ended Reconstruction on African-Americans.
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
The Reconstruction era marked an important part of the history of the United States. The era started immediately after the Civil War. Precisely, it started from the year 1865 to the year 1877 when different administrations in the US made attempts to reconstruct the societies in the former Confederate states. Particularly, the administrations attempted to ensure that the legal rights of the newly freed black people were sufficiently protected. The administrations crafted different Reconstruction plans to achieve their intention….Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $5