Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 27
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, consider three (3) of the following events:
- Treaty of Versailles
- Rise of fascism, militarism and imperialism
- Failure of the League of Nations
- Hitler and the Nazi Party
- The Lend Lease Act
- Japanese expansion and the bombing of Pearl Harbor
Based on your three selections, choose two (2) of the following and craft a response for your selections:
- Assess if the United States foreign policy during the 1930s helped to promote World War II. Could the United States have prevented the outbreak of World War II? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Explain if the United States, despite neutrality, aided the Allies against the Axis powers.
- Analyze if the use of atomic (nuclear) weapons to defeat enemies in war is a setback for democracy (President Truman’s decision to drop the atom bomb on Japan).
The United States played an important part in aiding the Allies to defeat the Axis powers in the Second World War. During the war, the United States started providing aid to nations like the United Kingdom that were fighting against Hitler’s Nazi Germany and Japan as early as 1940 (Feis, 2015). It provided this aid even though it did not directly get into the war until December 1941. It provided aid to the Allies in the form of military supplies and other forms like food. The aid was provided to these nations through an innovative program regarded as the Lend-Lease (Corbet et al., 2017)….Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $5