or this assignment, answer the following questions:
- What are the Pros and Cons to telehealth?
- How will you approach and perform a telehealth assessment?
- What are the limits to telehealth?
- What is the difference between the provider’s need for a successful telehealth visit versus the Patient’s perspective?
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The paper should be formatted per current APA and 2-5 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract, and references page.
- Incorporate a minimum of 5 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- Complete and submit the assignment by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
Pros and Cons of Telehealth
Some of the most significant benefits of telehealth include being more convenient and readily available. Patients may benefit from the usage of virtual care since it is a more convenient and on-demand alternative to expensive and time-consuming in-person appointments (Drees, 2020). Patients who reside in rural areas or who are physically challenged and unable to leave their homes may get access to medical treatment. Telemedicine provides cost-saving benefits in that it allows providers to assess and monitor services from a distance, resulting in a considerable reduction in service costs. Telehealth also reduces the number of unnecessary visits to the emergency room, hence reducing costs and the need for frequent examinations. In addition, the program promotes more patient participation, which in turn leads to improved health results. Because of the equipment and technology employed in its delivery, the service has a disadvantage in that it needs people training. Physicians, medical professionals, and practitioners are instructed to use the latest technologies to improve their ROI (Young, 20217). On-demand telemedicine services are expected to be phased away soon. It is possible that the lack of regularity in the service and treatment outcomes may be influenced by the fact that patients are allocated to a random healthcare provider.
Approaching and Performing Telehealth Assessment
According to the plan, the first step will be to identify a suitable platform for conducting telehealth services. It might take the form of video conferencing, data transmission, or picture transfer. Access to technical assistance, which may include anything from audio and video conferencing to broadband network support, must be available at all times……