Role Strain and Burnout in Nursing
Write a 1000 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. There should be three main sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) sources using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page in correct APA do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
What happens to the nurse when role stress or strain becomes too overwhelming? What happens to patient care? How is this related to possible ethic and legal issues? Discuss how nurses can manage or reduce role stress and role strain.
Explain two issues that lead to nurse burnout and discuss a solution for each issue.
Think of an experience in your nursing profession where you either felt strain or burnout and how you overcame this event. (Since this is personal experience, you can use first person narration for this portion of your essay.)
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Study the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Review the Assignment Rubric and the specifications below to ensure that your response aligns with all assignment expectations.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling, and review the rubric.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length: 1000 words
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)
Role Strain and Burnout in Nursing
Nurses are particularly susceptible to burnout and role strain, both of which may contribute to stress. More than a third of all nurses suffer burnout at least once a year (Bakhamiset al., 2019). Chronic overwork, insufficient support, and a lack of job satisfaction lead to nurse burnout, which compromises the quality of care delivered by the nurses (Mediweb. n.d.). An examination of the effects of role strain and nursing burnout on patient outcomes, ethical and legal difficulties that result from poor patient care, and how to handle role stress and strain in this field is presented in the essay. Additionally, the paper includes my experience with burnout and how I handled it.
Effects of Role Stress or Strain on Nurses and Patient Care
Poor patient engagement is caused by nurse burnout and strain. Especially while caring for patients, worn-out nurses exhibit strange behaviors. Negative emotions, lack of empathy, and harsh behavior toward patients might be seen .To access the solution click the icon below to purchase at $10