The purpose of this discussion board is to enhance understanding of an evidence-based practice versus quality-improvement versus research methodology (qualitative, quantitative -to include the Randomized Controlled Trial).
This week in discussion board we are going to have a debate-like discussion regarding the following 3 topics:
- Quality improvement
- Traditional research methodology
- Science of evidence-based practice
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (CO 1 )
- Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (CO 2)
- Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (CO 5)
Initial prompt due by Wednesday, 11:59 PM MT of week 1
One peer and one faculty or two peer posts due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT of week 1
Points: 50 points
- Your faculty will assign you one of the following three topics: quality improvement, “traditional” research methodology, or evidence-based practice. Watch the Announcements and/or your Chamberlain email for your assigned topic.
- You will provide rationale as to why your assigned topic is the most important, the best, for the provision of quality care as a nurse practitioner.
- You will compare the topic you are assigned to one of the other topics you have not been assigned. For example, if you are assigned quality improvement, you may compare to a traditional research method, such as a randomized control trial. When writing this argument, you should provide a compare and contrast approach which highlights the features of the topics, how the topic informs providers and the topic’s importance to quality and safety.
- Your response to this prompt should be a minimum of two (2) paragraphs of 4-5 sentences which utilize in-text citations (APA).
- A response to two (2) peers is required with a minimum of one (1) paragraph of 4-5 sentences which utilizes in-text citations (APA).
- References are required, the use of first person should be avoided.
- Be sure to integrate one or both of the podcasts of this week into your argument.
The assigned topic is traditional research. Tradition research is a systematic process that uses standard scientific methodologies to develop new knowledge or validate the knowledge already in existence. It starts with the identification of a problem, formulation of a question, research, and prediction of answers for the questions using hypothesis (Boswell & Cannon, 2018). The research involves some experiments to analyze the data and establish whether it is supported by the research hypothesis. Researchers investigate own hypothesis using intervention or control group and manipulating the independent and dependent variable as seen in RCT (Ward, Knowlton, & Laney, 2018). It may be quantitative (numerical and structured data) or qualitative (non-numerical and unstructured data).Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $5