The focus for discussion board this week is the State of the Science Quality Improvement Paper which is due in two parts, Week 4 and Week 6. The focus of the State of the Science (SOS) paper will be a quality improvement topic.
Focus for this discussion board: Quality improvement questions, related theories and completion of the Johns Hopkins PICO Development document.
** NOTE: Please Note: In the Week 2 Canvas readings you will read about PICO development. For this course you are not required to write your own PICO question.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies (CO 4).
- Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promotes positive healthcare outcomes (CO 5)
- Initial prompt due by Wednesday, 11:59 PM MT of week 2
- Two peer posts due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT of week 2
- Response to any faculty comments or questions by Sunday 11:59 PM MT of week 2.
- Peer posts should be made at a minimum of 2 separate days of the module/week.
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline on Wednesday, regardless of the number of days late. Nothing will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Sunday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0). Week 8 discussion closes on Saturday at 11:59pm MT.
Points: 50 points
- In week 2 you will choose a quality improvement question from the list below for your State of the Science Quality Improvement (SOS QI) Paper.
- You should also review both Part 1 and Part 2 of the SOS paper assignment at this time. You will use the question you choose to develop all sections of the SOS QI Paper. NOTE: More than one student may choose the same question. However, work must be independent for all aspects of the SOS QI Paper.
- Using your chosen question complete the Johns Hopkins PICO Question Development Tool. When completing this tool you will need to investigate the significance of the question you chose and identify the elements of the PICO question, for example, P=population, what population does your question focus on?
- To complete the tool you will need do a review of the literature related to your selected question and theory. You will use this review for your paper and to complete the Johns Hopkins Question Development Tool.
- Upload your completed Johns Hopkins Question Development Tool to the assignment dropbox. You will receive 20 points for submitting this document to the assignment dropbox.
- In the discussion board provide your chosen research question and theory for your initial posting. This posting should also include a minimum of one paragraph which summarizes a scholarly article related to your question. Citation is required.
- Post your question and tool by Wednesday of the week 11:59 PM MT. Respond to a minimum of two (2) peers on two (2) separate days of the week. Responding to any comments or questions from your course faculty is also required for this
1. What is the problem?
The substantial burden of influenza on affected individuals as well as the healthcare system in the country cannot be overlooked. Even though the supply of safe and effective influenza vaccine was limited in previous years, the last couple of years has witnessed profound advances in manufacturing and distribution. This, in turn, has played a pivotal role in alleviating such shortages. This notwithstanding, in most cases, it has been revealed that millions of vaccines go unused, leaving a large proportion of the population unvaccinated. According to a study by Nowak, Cacciatore and Len-Ríos (2018) established that the number of adults getting seasonal influenza vaccination has remained below unchanged since 2013 and below the federal target of 70 percent.
2. Why is the problem important and relevant? What would happen if it were not addressed?
…...Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10