The focus for discussion board this week is revise the PICO question submitted in Week 2 using the Johns Hopkins PICO Development Tool. This question will be the starting point for your State of the Science Project Paper. The focus of the State of the Science (SOS) paper will be a quality improvement topic of your choosing.
Note: The process began in Week 2 with the formation of a PICO question using the Johns Hopkins PICO Development Tool. Week 4 will be Part 1 of the paper which lays the ground work for the project by focusing on the problem statement, purpose, introduction and overview of literature search strategy with the development of an article matrix using the Johns Hopkins Individual Evidence Summary Tool. Part 2 of the Project in Week 6 adds the following elements: Abstract, Review of the Literature (State of the Science), strengths and limitations of current evidence, and development of a quality enhancement (improvement) plan that addresses limitations of current practice evidence. Refer to the rubric for additional requirements.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings (CO1)
- Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes (CO2)
- Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies (CO4)
The Johns Hopkins PICO Development Tool re-submission should be uploaded to the assignment box by Sunday 11:59 pm MT of week 3.
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assignments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
Total Points Possible: 20
- Read the week 2 PICO question comments from your instructor.
- Revise as necessary.
- Resubmit the Johns Hopkins PICO Development Tool.
- Additionally, submit a 2 paragraph minimum (4-5 sentences per paragraph) narrative that describes one ethical dilemma or ethical consideration that is connected to your PICO question. In order to include this ethical component, review and critique the articles in your review of literature.
- All scholarly sources utilized in the narrative should be cited using APA.
- Finalize your question and continue to develop Part I of your State of the Science Quality Improvement Paper.
- No partial credit is given for this assignment.
1. What is the problem?
Congestive heart failure(CHF) is one of the growing healthcare burden as well as the cause of high hospitalization in the US. Approximately, 6.5 adults are living with heart failure with the number expected to soar to 8 million by 2030 (Savarese & Lund, 2017). The rate of re-hospitalization among the CHF patients is considered high in which 25 of the patients are readmitted within 30 days and 50 percent readmitted after six months (Park et al., 2019). This, therefore, increases the need to reduce the re-hospitalization rate among CHF patients.
…Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10