The purpose of this assignment is to provide the graduate nursing student opportunity to practice reading and critiquing research articles for application to an evidence-based practice.
- Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 1)
- Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. (PO 1, 5)
- Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 5)
- Analyze research findings and evidence-based practice to advanced holistic nursing care initiatives that promote positive healthcare outcomes. (PO 1,5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5
Total Points Possible: 130 Points
Article Review Steps
Step 1: Go to the Chamberlain Library and select a quantitative research article of your topic of interest published within the last three (3) years.
Step 2: Write a two-page critique of the article in a Word Doc integrating course readings.
Step 3: Complete the Johns Hopkins Quantitative Research Appraisal Tool.
Step 4: Upload your Word doc analysis with the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool (in the appendix) to TurnItIn.
Content of critique should include at a minimum:
- Participant sampling,
- Analysis of findings,
- Discussion section,
- Summary: Application (translation) to practice specialty, and future implications.
Preparing the Assignment:
- APA Format According to 6th edition.
- Word Doc per assignment requirements
- Word Doc Format:
Cover page, no abstract, introduction (no heading per APA), body of the paper/review, reference list, appendix with Johns Hopkins appraisal doc. For review sections refer to your readings and the Johns Hopkins Research Appraisal Tool.
- Article title, author, journal, publication date
- Evidence level and quality
- Analysis of the study methodology (specific to study type, e.g., qualitative versus quantitative versus non-research)
Reference List should include the chosen article and other resources used to construct the review, such as course textbook, Johns Hopkins Evidence Based Practice: Model and Guidelines (2018), and How to Read a Paper by Greenhalgh (2014
Quantitative Research critique
The article “Effect of mobile phone text messaging for improving the uptake of influenza vaccination in patients with rare diseases” by Esteban-Vasallo et al. (2019) sought to explore the effectiveness of text messaging reminders in increasing the uptake of influenza vaccination among the patients with rare diseases. This paper provide a critique of the article mentioned above. By analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of various aspects of the article.
The introduction section of this article has introduced the topic and the problem that the study seeks to address through a comprehensive background of the problem….Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10