The purpose of this assignment is for learners to:
- Construct a plan for continued learning related to translating research to an evidence-based practice.
Due Date: Saturday 11:59 PM MT at the end of WEEK 8
Course outcomes (assignment)
- Demonstrate professional and personal growth through a spirit of inquiry, scholarship, and service in diverse healthcare settings. (PO 3, 4) 1, 8
- Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. (PO 1, 2, 3, 5) 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Total Points Possible: 10 points
Preparing the Assignment
Create, using either a written Word Doc (APA) or a Kaltura video, a plan for continued learning related to translating research to an evidence-based practice. Upload your Word doc or Kaltura video to the assignment drop box.
Use the following structure for your paper (1-2 pages) or when creating a video (approximately 10-15 minutes): All questions are to be included in your submission to receive the full credit of 5 points for the assignment.
- Reflect on and write about your nursing career to date specifically related to the use of an evidence-based practice.
- Consider your learning in NR505NP. What was the most difficult or challenging part of the course for you? How did you meet the challenges of the course? Did you have a “light goes on” moment, if so, what was it? What is your course take-away?
- Sadlon (2018) writes that “Self-reflection is considered a process whereby a person explores their cognitive, emotional and mental frames of reference, thoughts.” In this section identify 1-2 ways, goals, for developing in each of these areas (cognitive, emotional and mental) which are connected to your professional nursing career. For example, enhanced knowledge in an area related to evidence-based practice (cognitive).
References are only necessary if you use in-text citations. In-text citations are not required.
My nursing career over the last couple of years has been promising to a considerable extent. Albeit working in a demanding environment, my passion for nursing and overall healthcare has increased tremendously. As a nurse, I understand the profound role of evidence-based care in enhancing positive patient outcomes. As such, our facility has always encouraged us to integrate the evidence-based practice.Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $5