The self-assessment is completed using the TIGER-based Assessment of Nursing Informatics Competencies (TANIC) tool. TIGER refers to the Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform Initiative which identified a list of the minimum informatics competencies for all nurses and students graduating from pre- and post-licensure programs. The graded self-evaluation of your informatics competencies is required in order to increase one’s own u nderstanding of competencies in nursing informatics which will enable the planning of strategies to enhance knowledge and skills.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of nursing informatics and non-nursing science (CO 1 and 2)
- Assess nursing informatics competencies (CO2)
- Evaluate progress in enhancing nursing informatics competencies (CO4)
- Foster professional and personal development with planning strategies to enhance these competencies (CO4)
- Examine ethical decision making in relation to these competencies (CO3)
This assignment is due no later than the Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7.
Total Points Possible: 75
- In order to prepare for this assignment, read the lessons as well as the assigned readings BEFORE attempting the self-assessment.
- Please use the following hyperlink to access and complete the survey: Week 7 Post-TANIC Self-Assessment Survey (Links to an external site.)
- FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL RESULT IN A GRADE OF ZERO (0) FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
- After completing the survey, navigate to the Week 7 Module in Canvas and respond to EACH of the questions for your Reflection Post .
- The Reflection Posts DOES NOT require cross-posting to a peer or faculty .
- Scholarly Sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer-reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. The textbooks and lessons are NOT considered to be outside scholarly sources. For the threaded discussions and reflection posts, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (URL ends in .gov) and respected organizations (often ends in .org) can be counted as scholarly sources. The best outside scholarly source to use is a peer-reviewed nursing journal. You are encouraged to use the Chamberlain library and search one of the available databases for a peer-reviewed journal article. The following sources should not be used: Wikipedia, Wikis, or blogs. These websites are not considered scholarly as anyone can add to these. Please be aware that .com websites can vary in scholarship and quality. For example, the American Heart Association is a .com site with scholarship and quality. It is the responsibility of the student to determine the scholarship and quality of any .com site. Ask your instructor before using any site if you are unsure. Points will be deducted from the rubric if the site does not demonstrate scholarship or quality. Current outside scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years. Instructor permission must be obtained BEFORE the assignment is due if using a source that is older than 5 years.
Reflect and respond to EACH of the following questions.
- Regarding the Post-TANIC Self-Assessment for this week, how does your competency level compare to the Week 2 Self-Assessment?
- Which competencies do you think may benefit you in your future role as an APN and why?
- As discussed in the lesson this week, healthcare providers must be competent in informatics in order to make ethical decisions about informatics technologies and patients’ intimate healthcare data and information. To the extent that information technology is reshaping healthcare practices or promises to improve patient care, healthcare professionals must possess certain competencies which will assist with consistency and quality. Which competencies did you achieve in this course? Explain.
As this class comes to the end, I strongly feel that my I have acquired relevant skills. Comparing my competency level with Week 2 Self-Assessment, it is deducible that my competency level has greatly improved. My competency level at week 2 was slightly above average but my current level is advanced.
The competencies that will benefit my future role as a Family Nurse Practitioner include information management and basic computer competencies. With the advancement of technology, it is of paramount importance to have the relevant informatics skills that can help me in operating industry-specific software. In particular, informatics management skills will enable me to use Electronic Health Records effectively while still assuring…….Please click the icon below to purchase the full solution at $10