- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed. In reflections students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructor.
- Enter the reflection often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
Reflect on your current practice. How does nursing history impact your leadership and/or care provision? Please include specific nursing history persons or events in your reflection.
I am a practicing registered nurse (RN) who values quality and safe care delivery to my patients. The history of nursing has shaped the current nursing practice. It will continue to contribute to its future growth and development. Nursing history influences not only my leadership but also care provision. It guides me to deliver better care by correcting past mistakes and following the footsteps of the most influential nurse leaders in the past. According to Judd and Sitzman (2014), learning from history is crucial to the advancement of the nursing profession as it socializes new nurses into the profession and encourages diverse aspects of critical thinking. Understanding nursing history also enhances my leadership role, particularly advocacy and participation in healthcare reform……..Click Icon below to purchase full tutorial at $10