This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO4: Evaluate the delivery of care for individuals, families, aggregates, and communities based on theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO1)
- CO7: Apply professional nursing standards and ethical principles to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate care. (PO6)
- CO8: Demonstrate effective communication strategies and teamwork in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO3)
Locate a news article or story related to a current event in healthcare policy. Some examples may be, but are not limited to healthcare reform, the Affordable Care Act, prescription drugs, healthcare costs, insurance coverage, healthcare fraud, transparency, or underinsured populations.
- Provide a brief overview of the article, and include the URL link.
- As a healthcare professional, has this raised any ethical questions or concerns for you?
- How can a community health nurse (CHN) be involved as a change agent for related healthcare policies?
The selected news article for this discussion is Some Americans ditch Obamacare for cheaper alternatives by Luhby (2018). The news article, by CNN, articulates that there is a big number of Americans who are opting for a cheaper alternative to the Affordable Care Act. This article has confirmed that in the recent past, short-term plans have become more popular especially when it comes to consumers who do not qualify for federal Obamacare subsidies. These plans are cheaper owing to the fact that they do not satisfy the coverage requirements of the Affordable Care Act. In this view, short-term plans typically provide fewer comprehensive benefits. In most cases, maternity as well as prescription drug services are not included and have financial limits on their coverage…Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $5