The Application of Theory assignment is due Sunday 11:59pm MT at the end of Week 5. Please use your textbooks listed below to complete the assignment this week. The guidelines and rubric for this assignment are also listed below and in Course Resources.
Groenwald, S. L. (Ed.). (2018). Designing and creating a culture of care for students and faculty: The Chamberlain University College of Nursing Model. Washington, DC: National League for Nursing.
McCance, T. McCormack, B., & Dewing, J. (2011). An exploration of person-centeredness in practice. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 16(2). doi:10.3912/OJIN.Vol16No02Man01
Within the profession of nursing, multiple theories, models, and conceptual frameworks have been created to serve as a foundation for practice. The purpose of this assignment is to appraise the value of the model in serving as a theoretical framework and apply the model to your selected area of future professional nursing practice (your MSN track). For this assignment, you will select one of the following nursing models to address within the paper: the Patient-Centred Nursing (PCN) Framework or the Chamberlain Care Model.
Through this assessment, the student will meet the following Course Outcomes:
- Apply nursing theory as a framework to guide the translation of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practice in future professional settings. (CO #2)
- Analyze theories from nursing and relevant fields with respect to the components, relationships among the components, and application to advanced nursing practice. (CO#4)
Total Points Possible
This assessment is worth 175 points.
Submit your file(s) by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 5.
Criteria for Content
Select one of the two models presented in the week five lesson (either the Person-Centred Nursing Framework, or the Chamberlain Care Model).
- In a three- to four-pagescholarly paper, address the following:
- Provide a succinct overview of the model you have selected and discuss how the selected model addresses the four concepts within the nursing metaparadigm (person, health, nursing, environment).
- Discuss how the selected model qualifies as a theoretical framework within the profession of nursing, and its use within the profession.
- Describe how the chosen model can be applied in the future APN role (education, executive, family nurse practitioner, healthcare policy, or nursing informatics).
Application of Theory
Nursing theory influences diverse facets of nursing profession by presenting nurses with applicable straightforward concepts and a step-wise roadmap for promotion and implementation of nursing interventions developed through reflection, clinical inquiry, and critical and innovative thinking for resolving nursing issues (Patel et al., 2015). Nursing theory is applicable in many nursing areas including nursing education, nursing research and development, nursing informatics, and nursing administration and management/ leadership for enhancement of patient care quality, health promotion, and improvement of total health outcomes (Patel et al., 2015). This paper provides an overview of the Patient-Centered Nursing (PCN) framework, explains how it addresses the four concepts within nursing meta-paradigm (person, health, nursing, environment), how it qualifies as a nursing profession theoretical framework and its use in nursing profession, and its applicability in the future Family Nursing Practice (FNP).
An Overview of the PCN Framework
The PCN model was developed by McCormack and McCance in 2006, and was refined in 2010 to improve its applicability to nursing practice. In PCN model, a patient’s health needs, values, preferences, and desired patient outcomes are the driving forces to every clinical decision as well as quality measurement. Patients become involved in their care through patient-provider interaction, and thus the providers do not only care for the patient from a clinical view but also from mental, spiritual, emotional, and socio-economic perspectives (McCormack & McCance, 2016)…….Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10