Students will login to FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT using the link provided in the reading assignment module for Week 5 and select a “current/popular” topic of the week that may impact their practice. Students, in a professionally developed paper, will discuss the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, citing pros and cons. Include a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed FierceHealthIT Topic paper for Wk. 5 to dropbox by end of Week 5.
Preparing the paper
- The FierceEMRand FierceHealthIT Current/Popular Topic of the Week assignment must be a professional, scholarly prepared paper. See the guidelines for writing a professional, scholarly paper in the Course Resources. The professional paper will have an introduction, body of paper to explain what you are doing, summary/conclusion, and at least three scholarly references.
- Required texts may be used as references, but a minimum of three sources must be from outside of course readings.
- All aspects of the paper must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
- The paper (excluding the title page, introduction and reference page) is 4-6 pages in length.
- Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
Technology has spread to every dimension of health care critical care and thus becoming integral to patient assessment and monitoring as well as treatment provision. Nursing informatics (NI) is a part of technology most utilized by nurses. According to Cellucci, Cellucci, Stanton, Kerrigan, and Madrake (2015), NI is the practice that integrates nursing technology and science for information knowledge enhancement in order to improve patient care delivery. Today, the health care providers such as physicians, nurses and pharmacists considerably rely on informatics for performing their duties and deliver patient care. The electronic medical record (EMR) replaced paper-based medical records for storing patient health information. Doctors and nurses are continuously using EMR in their day to day activities such as completing assessments, charting, documenting and ordering. The heathIT topics I would like to deliberate about is how healthcare providers are spending more time utilizing the EMR that interacting with their patients. As such, this paper includes a rationale for selecting the healthIT topic, convincing arguments for impacts of spending more time on EMR on patient care with the pros and cons of EMR, informatics skills used for this assignment, and a conclusion that summarizes the key elements of the paper…Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10