Total Points Possible:150 Points
Description of the Assignment
This assignment requires the student to develop a learning activity that fosters critical thinking in future learners. For each of the identified areas, the student will develop a question that applies information from pathophysiology, pharmacology, and physical assessment.
Criteria for Content
- Select a concept: From the required textbook (Giddens, 2017), select ONE concept from any of the following units.
- Homeostasis and regulation
- Sexuality and reproduction
- Protection and movement
- Select a learner type: From the list below, select a type of learner. A description of the learner is required.
- Nursing student enrolled in a prelicensure program; need to identify where the student is in the curriculum
- Staff nurse working in a healthcare facility; need to identify range for years of experience and type of healthcare facility (i.e., hospital, clinic, public health department, etc.)
- Using the provided template while considering the selected concept and learner type:
- Develop a very brief (no more than 3 sentences) healthcare scenario consistent with the selected concept
- Develop a Socratic-style question useful for the selected learner type related to:
- Physical assessment
- A question for each of the above areas is required for:
- Problem recognition
- Clinical decision making
- Clinical intervention
- All questions must demonstrate Socratic question format/style.
- Answer for each question must be provided. The brief answer accurately reflects and applies information related to each of the appropriate headings (pathophysiology, pharmacology, physical assessment) for the category (problem recognition, clinical decision making, prioritization, clinical intervention). References for the answer must be provided.
Concept to be presented: Homeostasis and regulation
Type of learner (nursing student [identify level]; nurse [identify years of experience]; patient/or family):
The type of learners targeted is staff nurses who have been working in the healthcare facility for 2 years.
|A nurse is taking care of a post-operative patient who has been identified to have signs of shock. The nurse plans to administer vasopressors||Question:
What is the pathophysiological mechanism that could have caused shock in the patient
The shock could have resulted from a severe drop in the blood pressure leading to a reduction of the blood flow in the body (Giddens, 2019).
What observations are critical to maintain hemodynamic stability and determine shock after surgical-procedure.
Hemodynamic stability indicators include blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration rate, peripheral oxygen saturation, and temperature (Aseni et al., 2019)
How would the vasopressors help in raising the blood pressure
Vasopressors works by tightening the blood vessels, which in turn helps in increasing the blood pressure (Russell, 2020).
Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $15