Reflect back over the past eight weeks and describe how the achievement of the course outcomes in this course have prepared you to meet the MSN program outcome #4, the MSN Essential IV, and the Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies # 7.
|Program Outcome #4: Integrate professional values through scholarship and service in health care. (Professional identity)|
MSN Essential IV: Translating and Integrating Scholarship into Practice Recognize that the master’s-prepared nurse applies research outcomes within the practice setting, resolves practice problems, works as a change agent, and disseminates results.
Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies # 7
Health Delivery System Competencies
1. Applies knowledge of organizational practices and complex systems to improve health care delivery.
2. Effects health care change using broad based skills including negotiating, consensus-building, and
3. Minimizes risk to patients and providers at the individual and systems level.
4. Facilitates the development of health care systems that address the needs of culturally diverse
populations, providers, and other stakeholders.
5. Evaluates the impact of health care delivery on patients, providers, other stakeholders, and the
6. Analyzes organizational structure, functions and resources to improve the delivery of care.
7. Collaborates in planning for transitions across the continuum of care.
Over the past couple of weeks, I have learned new concepts and gained knowledge that will be critical in providing quality and safe care in primary care settings. Below shows how this course helped in achieving various outcomes:
Program Outcome #4: Integrate professional values through scholarship and service in health care. (Professional identity)
This course provided various situations that required the students to analyze case scenarios. This opportunity allowed me to assess the patient, diagnose, and develop treatment plans, which helped in building my professionalism. Clinical practice has also helped to demonstrated core values such as empathy, compassion, and commitment. For instance, in one of the clinical rotations, I was able to demonstrate honesty and compassion to patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus. The ability t forge a therapeutic relationship and assure the patient of the therapeutic process enabled me to learn the core principle key for the advanced practice nurse. Analyzing the case scenario and aligning the …..To access the solution click the icon below to purchase at $10