As Dr. Rempher and Ms. Manna discussed this week, data from the NDNQI is used to improve nursing practices and support the strategic outcomes of an organization. This data is also used to create the Dashboard. The Dashboard, then, is used to create an action plan. Correctly interpreting information presented on the Dashboard provides nurses with a better understanding of the goals of the action plan.
For this Assignment, use the Dashboard located in this week’s Resources, to interpret the data and frame a nursing plan based on best practices.
- Review the Week 5 Assignment Rubric, provided in the Course Information area.
- Review the Week 4 Resources that pertain to the NDNQI and use of dashboards
- Choose a Nurse-Sensitive Quality Indicator that needs improvement based on the data presented in the Dashboard. Reflect on how you would develop a nursing plan with suggestions on how to improve performance in the chosen area.
- Develop a nursing plan that outlines suggestions on how to improve performance in the chosen area.
- Provide at least three best practices from evidenced-based literature to support your nursing plan.
- Draft a 3- to 4 page paper analyzing areas where there is good performance and areas of opportunity from the sample Dashboard.
- Analyze the data provided in the Dashboard and select an area of performance that needs improvement. Include information on why this area was chosen.
- Develop a nursing plan that includes suggestions on how to improve performance on the selected indicator. Be sure to provide at least three best practices from the evidenced-based literature to support your suggested nursing plan.
Dashboard Analysis and Nursing Plan
Healthcare institutions depend on data collected within the healthcare facilities and from patient surveys to identify areas of strengths and weakness and enhance patient care delivery as necessary (Garrard, Boyle, Simon, Dunton, & Gajewski, 2016). The data and information gathered are formatted into quarterly dashboards in which the set goals for each quality indicator are checked to interpret whether the facility satisfies those goals (Brown, Aydin, & Donaldson, 2008). Using dashboards and quality indicators allows for proactive decision making on the basis of real events taking place, rather than implementing changes in the plan of care founded on assumptions. With dashboards, healthcare providers are able to identify the areas of strengths, weakness, and opportunities and subsequently deduce effective nursing plan (Garrard et al., 2016). This facilitates the enhancement of total health outcomes for patients, the healthcare system, and the community at large. A dashboard is also an essential tool in strategic planning. This paper is purposed at analyzing the areas of excellence and opportunity from the given sample, identifying an area of performance that requires improvement, and developing a nursing plan with suggestions on how to improve the area of performance.
After a careful and thorough analysis of the dashboard, the areas with good performance include RN courtesy and home instructions. Patient surveys indicate that the nurses exceed the target set in the relation of RN courtesy by 3.85% (set target score=88.85; actual score 92.70)….Please click the icon below to purchase the full solution at $10