The Assignment (4-5 pages):
Developing Organizational Policies and Practices
Add a section to the paper you submitted in Module 1. The new section should address the following:
- Identify and describe at least two competing needs impacting your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
- Describe a relevant policy or practice in your organization that may influence your selected healthcare issue/stressor.
- Critique the policy for ethical considerations, and explain the policy’s strengths and challenges in promoting ethics.
- Recommend one or more policy or practice changes designed to balance the competing needs of resources, workers, and patients, while addressing any ethical shortcomings of the existing policies. Be specific and provide examples.
- Cite evidence that informs the healthcare issue/stressor and/or the policies, and provide two scholarly resources in support of your policy or practice recommendations.
- Due to the nature of this assignment, your instructor may require more than 7 days to provide you with quality feedback.
Competing Needs Impacting the Selected Healthcare Issue
With no signs of stopping for escalating healthcare expenses, it is critical to comprehend what triggers these increases in the first instance. In my organization, competing issues such as the fee-for-service system, and increased chronic conditions keep the healthcare prices. Medical professionals are compensated based on quantity rather than quality. Most insurers, notably Medicare, pay for healthcare, hospitals, and other health personnel on a fee-for-service basis, with every test, operation, or visit being compensated differently. That is, the more the services supplied, the higher the costs charged. This promotes a lot of unnecessary diagnosis and therapy, even for people who have questionable chances of improving their health.To access the solution click the icon below to purchase at $10