assignment: Workplace Environment Assessment
Clearly, diagnosis is a critical aspect of healthcare. However, the ultimate purpose of a diagnosis is the development and application of a series of treatments or protocols. Isolated recognition of a health issue does little to resolve it.
In this module’s Discussion, you applied the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory to diagnose potential problems with the civility of your organization. In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to the development of a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
- Review the Resources and examine the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory, found on page 20 of Clark (2015).
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template.
- Reflect on the output of your Discussion post regarding your evaluation of workplace civility and the feedback received from colleagues.
- Select and review one or more of the following articles found in the Resources:
- Clark, Olender, Cardoni, and Kenski (2011)
- Clark (2018)
- Clark (2015)
- Griffin and Clark (2014)
The Assignment (3-6 pages total):
Part 1: Work Environment Assessment (1-2 pages)
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template you completed for this Module’s Discussion.
- Describe the results of the Work Environment Assessment you completed on your workplace.
- Identify two things that surprised you about the results and one idea you believed prior to conducting the Assessment that was confirmed.
- Explain what the results of the Assessment suggest about the health and civility of your workplace.
Part 2: Reviewing the Literature (1-2 pages)
- Briefly describe the theory or concept presented in the article(s) you selected.
- Explain how the theory or concept presented in the article(s) relates to the results of your Work Environment Assessment.
- Explain how your organization could apply the theory highlighted in your selected article(s) to improve organizational health and/or create stronger work teams. Be specific and provide examples.
Part 3: Evidence-Based Strategies to Create High-Performance Interprofessional Teams (1–2 pages)
- Recommend at least two strategies, supported in the literature, that can be implemented to address any shortcomings revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
- Recommend at least two strategies that can be implemented to bolster successful practices revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
Work Environment Assessment
Promoting a healthy work environment is a fundamental aspect as it influences employees’ engagement and satisfaction. This is more critical in health care organizations where civility can impact the patients’ safety. Consistent with these assertions, Clark (2018) denotes that incivility can weaken self-confidence, self-doubt as well as impact the moral courage, which in turn jeopardizes the safety of the patient. This elucidates the rationale for fostering a healthy work environment in the health care industry. As such, this paper comprises of three sections, work environment assessment, review of literature as well as evidence-based strategies of creating high-performance interprofessional teams.
Part 1: Work Environment Assessment
Based on the Work Environment Assessment, my workplace can be considered mildly healthy with a score of 67. This is because approximately three-quarters of the statements scored 3, which is neutral. Some of the areas where the workplaces scored low include the areas around leadership, which influence other areas such as teamwork and collaboration, the emphasis for employee wellness and self-care as well as engagement. Nonetheless, there is an area where the organization scored 5(completely true), which includes the organization’s actions in rewarding both individual and treatment of employees in a fair and respectful manner….Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10