- Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment
- Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors, such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
- Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
By Day 7 of Week 4
Write a 1-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis.
- Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
- Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples.
Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Disorders
Based on the patient’s HL symptoms and history, the primary diagnosis can be deduced to be Hepatitis C. This is a viral infection that leads to the inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis C virus whose mode of infection includes exposure to blood that is contaminated either through injection drug use, unsafe health care, transfusion of blood that is unscreened as well as sexual practices that can expose one to contaminated blood (Miyamura, Lemon, Walker, & Wakita, 2016). The key symptoms that patient HL presented with that point toward this diagnosis include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Patient HL also has a past history of a possible Hepatitis C and drug abuse,…..Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10