Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 8, 9, 10
- Minimum of 6 scholarly sources (at least 2 for Judaism, 2 for Christianity, & 2 for Islam)
- Please review criteria for scholarly sources.
In a short essay, complete the following:
- Explain the historical relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. What are their geographical connections? What are their historical timelines?
- Analyze the historical relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in order to make an argument about the similarities and differences between the three religions. Select one main example from the following list on which to focus your comparison: the nature of God, the nature of Jesus, Holy Books, or Salvation. Your analysis should span multiple paragraphs and utilize specific examples.
- Conclude by examining the current relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam today. How has globalization influenced or affected the current relationship?
Your paper should include an introduction and thesis that clearly states your central claim, thoughtful examples and analysis in your body paragraphs, and a conclusion to finalize your thoughts.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1200-1400 words (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 6 scholarly sources)
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have been regarded as the most influential religions in the world history. Despite the fact that Judaism is not as large as Islam and Christianity, its impact on the world is profound to a huge extent. The three religions are sometimes referred to as Abrahamic religions owing to the fact that they trace to the history to the ancient figure of Abraham. In this view, Molly (2013) has stressed that relations among the three religions have been shaped hugely by the historical circumstances under which they were founded. Consequently, history has been regarded as one of the foundations for religious understanding. Despite this relationship, the three religions have different ideologies, which significantly distinguish them. Taking this into consideration, this essay seeks to explore the historical relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. It also explores the aspect of the nature of God from the perspectives of these three religions.
The Historical Relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
There is a strong historical relationship between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as put across by various scholars. In regards to Judaism history, Tanakh, one of the primary texts of Judaism describes the account of the relationship of Israelites with God from their earliest history until the destruction of the Second Temple in c.535 BCE (Sanders, 2016). In this consideration, Abraham is considered as the first Hebrew as well as the father of the Jews. Judah was one of the great-grandson of Abraham, from who Judaism gets its name. As argued by Deshen (2018), the Israelites were initially regarded as the number of tribes who lived in the Kingdom of Judah and the Kingdom of Israel. However, after being conquered an exile, a portion of the members from the Kingdom of Judah returned to Israel….Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10