Identify a quality improvement opportunity in your organization or practice. In a 1,250-1,500 word paper, describe the problem or issue and propose a quality improvement initiative based on evidence-based practice. Apply “The Road to Evidence-Based Practice” process, illustrated in Chapter 4 of your textbook, to create your proposal.
Include the following:
- Provide an overview of the problem and the setting in which the problem or issue occurs.
- Explain why a quality improvement initiative is needed in this area and the expected outcome.
- Discuss how the results of previous research demonstrate support for the quality improvement initiative and its projected outcomes. Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years, not included in the course materials or textbook, that establish evidence in support of the quality improvement proposed.
- Discuss steps necessary to implement the quality improvement initiative. Provide evidence and rationale to support your answer.
- Explain how the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated to determine whether there was improvement.
- Support your explanation by identifying the variables, hypothesis test, and statistical test that you would need to prove that the quality improvement initiative succeeded.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Quality Improvement Proposal
Quality improvement (QI) is defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as systematic and progressive actions towards measurable enhancement of healthcare services as well as the status of health of a specific patient population (DeSalvo et al., 2017). Quality has been defined by the Institute of Medicine as the extent to which healthcare enhances goes further in stating that quality is the degree to which care increases health outcomes (Dixon-Woods & Martin, 2016). Today, clinicians, payers, and consumers place more focus on quality improvement in health care particularly since the Affordable Care Act (ACA) care act was passed. This paper presents a quality improvement proposal for educating nurses by providing education and demonstration, surveying hand hygiene to prevent cross infection. It includes an overview of the problem, the need for quality improvement initiative identified, support from previous research, steps for implementing the initiative, evaluation, and analysis of the quality initiative to determine its success.
An Overview of the Problem and its Setting
The problem identified for quality improvement in the organization is increased cross-infection rates due to poor practice for hand hygiene. As described by Labrague, McEnroe‐Petitte, van de Mortel, and Nasirudeen (2018), cross infections develop due to the presence of bacteria, parasites, viruses, or fungi in the affected area……Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10