- Access the Amka Oxendine Case Assignment in iHuman by clicking on the “Load Assignment in a New Window” button at the bottom of this assignment page. If prompted, select to load the case in a new browser window.
- Note: It may take a few moments for iHuman cases to load in your web browser, so please be patient.
- Complete the prework questions associated with the case.
- Begin the case and complete these sections: (100 points total, immediate feedback/grade will be provided to you by iHuman when complete)
- EHR Review
- Health History
- Physical Assessment
- Type your responses to the questions in the Nurse Notes section in the box provided (50 points, graded by instructor after submission).
- Review the score and feedback provided by iHuman. You have the option to complete this case a second time before the submission deadline (total of 2 attempts) to improve your score. Your highest score will be recorded in the grade book.
- The Nurse Notes will be graded by your instructor and will be a separate grade in the grade book.
- Write an SBAR Note to summarize Ms. Oxendine’s current health state for the report to the nurse receiving the patient on the inpatient unit.
Ms. Oxendine is a 19-year-old female who was brought to the ED by the Emergency Medical Services (EMS). She was brought to the EDfollowing a suicide attempt by ingesting 15 times stronger acetaminophen pills. This suicide attempt was triggered by a breakup with her boyfriend. She reports having a difficult time since joining college. She also reports history of depression and suicide attempt when she was 15 years old.
Ms. Oxendine is a 19-year-old female who was first brought to the ED…Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10