Westbrook is a medium-sized metropolitan area that provides healthcare services to a broad demographic ranging from infants to geriatrics. Existing healthcare delivery systems include a robust acute care regional hospital, community home health/transition agencies, and long-term/skilled nursing facilities. These facilities are maintaining quality patient outcomes at their benchmarks. However, over the past five years, there has been a downward trend in patient and employee satisfaction scores. The systems have experienced loss of staff due to predictable attrition (retirement and other life events) and have been unable to recruit high-quality staff to the agencies.
As the nurse executive, you know that a positive work environment is key to improving employee satisfaction and recruitment of quality staff. In addition, a happy, well-motivated staff will deliver quality care which leads to positive patient outcomes and satisfaction. You have determined that creating this environment is what is needed to achieve these goals, and you will lead the way.
For this assignment, you will apply a framework that will lead the organization in developing a positive work environment to address the deficiencies the system is experiencing.
You will choose one of the healthcare delivery systems(settings) listed in the scenario for which you are the chief nursing officer (CNO)
- Acute care regional hospital
- Community/home health transition facility
- Long-term/skilled nursing facility
You will decide which framework, either Pathway to Excellence or Shared Governance Model you will apply to lead the facility toward its goal of promoting excellence and quality in the care they deliver. Links to foundational information for these two models are:
Pathway to Excellence: https://www.nursingworld.org/organizational-programs/
Shared Governance Model: https://ojin.nursingworld.org/
In the paper, you will provide an overview of the chosen framework and rationale for using it in the chosen setting, fully apply two of its components to the setting, describe the impact of the framework on nursing at the setting, and suggest strategies you will use to engage the staff and leadership in the process.
- Use the following format outline/template for your paper to complete your assignment. Bold-type is used here for emphasis only. Follow the guidelines for use of bold-type and headings using the most current edition of the APA manual.
- Introduction (centered, no heading)
- Statement of paper’s purpose
- Identify the chosen setting and the framework you will apply to it
- Summary of what will be covered in the paper
- Pathway to Excellence or Shared Governance Model (centered, with heading)
- Overview of the framework’s components
- Rationale for choosing a framework for the setting chosen.
- Two components of the framework clearly explicated and applied.
- Impact of chosen framework or model on nursing (centered, with heading)
- Describe at least two specific examples with expected outcomes of the framework’s impact on nursing
- Engagement of staff and leadership (centered, with heading)
- At least one specific strategy for engaging staff in applying the components chosen
- At least one specific strategy for engaging leadership in applying the components chosen
- Conclusion (centered, with heading)
- A restatement of the paper’s purpose
- A summary of what was covered in the paper.
- Introduction (centered, no heading)
- A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources, no older than 5 years, must be used for the paper. These should be relevant to nursing and should represent the majority of evidence provided in the paper. Other sources, such as textbooks, may be used in addition to these; however, they will not be counted as part of the scholarly source requirement.
- The paper should contain all elements required under the guidelines and provided by the outline.
- The outline provided should be followed for organizing the paper. Only level-one headings are required. Remember, the introduction does not have a heading.
- A maximum of four (4) pages, excluding title and reference pages, is required.
- Microsoft (MS) Word is required for completing the assignment per Chamberlain policy. The paper should be written in the third person, in active voice. Refer to “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers in Graduate Programs” found in the Student Resources Central of the course.
- The assignment is graded on the quality of written communication using standard English grammar, sentence structure, use of scholarly evidence, and organization based on the required components. Quality is also measured by the completeness of required content elements of the assignment …………………..………….For a customized solution email us at firstname.lastname@example.org