Learning styles represent the different approaches to learning based on preferences, weaknesses, and strengths. For learners to best achieve the desired educational outcome, learning styles must be considered when creating a plan. Complete “The VARK Questionnaire,” located on the VARK website, and then complete the following:
- Click “OK” to receive your questionnaire scores.
- Once you have determined your preferred learning style, review the corresponding link to view your learning preference.
- Review the other learning styles: visual, aural, read/write, kinesthetic, and multimodal (listed on the VARK Questionnaire Results page).
- Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
- Examine how awareness of learning styles has influenced your perceptions of teaching and learning.
In a paper (750-1,000 words), summarize your analysis of this exercise and discuss the overall value of learning styles. Include the following:
- Provide a summary of your learning style according the VARK questionnaire.
- Describe your preferred learning strategies. Compare your current preferred learning strategies to the identified strategies for your preferred learning style.
- Describe how individual learning styles affect the degree to which a learner can understand or perform educational activities. Discuss the importance of an educator identifying individual learning styles and preferences when working with learners.
- Discuss why understanding the learning styles of individuals participating in health promotion is important to achieving the desired outcome. How do learning styles ultimately affect the possibility for a behavioral change? How would different learning styles be accommodated in health promotion?
Cite to at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria.
Learning is the process via which individuals acquire knowledge and undergo a transformation of experience. Individuals have different styles or preferences for acquiring information. The VARK model is the most common representation of learning styles. Fleming developed the model intending to help individuals identify their learning styles(Tabatabei, 2018). In this assignment, I will discuss my learning style as guided in the VARK questionnaire, analyze strategies that align with my learning style, and the essence of educators knowing the learners’ preferred learning styles. Lastly, I will discuss the importance of learning styles in health promotion.
Summary of Learning Style
According to the VARK model, there are four learning styles: visual, audio, reading and writing, and kinesthetics. The results from my VARK questionnaire were as follows: visual 8, aural, 2, read/write 3, and kinesthetic 2. As such, I can confidently say that I am a visual learner. A visual learner is an individual who acquires new information through….Click link below to purchase full tutorial at $10